Middletown High School
Sports Venues for Basketball and Wrestling Competitions
- The spectators will enter through doors A and will exit through side doors (Doors N and X)of the arena, if they leave before the events are finished. After the Varsity event spectators may exit out of the 4 exits, so that they are social distanced.
- We have a divider at front entrance to keep spectators social distanced.
- Seating is assigned in groups of no more than 2.
Signage, Markings, & Areas of separation:
- There will be signage for social distancing requirements and use of face covering requirements placed at all points of entry into the facility
- There will be entry/exit signage placed all at points of entry
- Will have numerous announcements to remember to mask up and social distance.
- Employees, staff, and volunteers will wear face coverings at all times.
- Spectators must wear face coverings at all times.
- Coaches and players will wear mask at all times while on the sidelines and locker rooms.
- We will have numerous announcements to remind everyone to mask up.
Use of Locker Rooms
- Locker rooms will not be used prior or after the games.
- Teams will use locker rooms during half time which is 10 minutes.
- Players can be inside the locker rooms for no longer than ten minutes.
- Teams will have different groups of players change at staggered times to allow proper social distancing in locker rooms.
- Coaches and players will wear mask at all times while on the sidelines and in locker rooms.
- Locker rooms will be sanitized after each contest.
Symptomatic, Suspected or confirmed cases:
- Any player, coach, volunteer, staff member, or spectator, who knowingly is COVID positive, will not be allowed on campus for any reason
- For confirmed cases, we will continue to follow guidelines set forth by the ODH, CDC, and Butler County.
Limitation for Spectators, Tickets sales, Seating Capacity
- Ticket sales will be prioritized for immediately family members of players, coaches, and staff only. (This includes cheerleaders and pep band)
- Spectators will be allowed to sit in groups of no more than 2 people
- The arena will be limited to (300) of fixed seating.
- We will have limited tickets available at the gate with cash exchange based on the type of event and size of crowd we are expecting. Tickets are $7.
Use of Concession Stands
- Concession stand will adhere to all guidelines set forth by Middletown City Health Department and the Ohio Department of Health, which will include the following COVID related accommodations:
- Volunteers will be required to wear face covering and gloves at all times
- Only prepackaged food will be served, including candy, chips, bottled drinks, and individually wrapped food
- Sanitizer will be available for volunteers and spectators purchasing concessions
- Disinfectant will be used regularly throughout the event to clean countertops
- No community style condiment pumps will be used, only packaged condiments
- Plastic shields will be installed to separate the volunteers and spectators
Communication of expectations to Parents and Community
- All plans will be communicated to all families, opposing schools, coaching staff, and volunteers, prior to each contest
If you have any questions please contact Mr. Foust at firstname.lastname@example.org